Saturday 8 June 2019

Memories of St Anthony's by Lee Siew Ling

88th Anniversary
(1931-2019)


My Memories of St Anthony’s
Name: Lee Siew Ling
Education:
1.   Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus,Teluk Intan
2.   SMK St Anthony,Teluk Intan (Form 6 -1968)
3.   The University of Malaya,Kuala Lumpur (Bachelor of Arts (Hon)
 . Australian Catholic University (Bachelor of Social Science)(Family Studies)
5.  Deakin University ,Melbourne,  Australia  (M.Sc-Clinical Psychology)
Profession:  Clinical Psychologist (Private)         
                    By Lee Siew Ling
I look back on my two years at St Anthony’s with fond memories … the fun and laughter with my fellow classmates amidst the homework and preparation for exams.  We had dedicated teachers, to name but a few, Brothers Damian and Patrick, Mr Toh Soon Guan, Mr Tan Ai Kok, Mr Ashok Kumar … and Mr Damu who unfortunately passed away during his teaching term as a result of a motorbike accident and others, though not mentioned are remembered too.  They helped prepare us for our journey in life.
Like most of my classmates, I went to University of Malaya where I completed my Bachelor of Arts.  I taught briefly as a temporary teacher, married and was focussed on bringing up my family during those earlier years.  In 1991, we migrated to Melbourne and I decided to return to studying.  I completed my Bachelor of Social Science (Family Studies), my Masters in Clinical Psychology and worked in the public mental health service after graduation.  Currently, I have my own private practice, my clients are people with psychological/mental health issues.  At times, my area of work can be challenging but it is rewarding to hear from my clients that they have benefitted from therapy.  I am now working part-time, retirement is something that I look forward to, perhaps sometime in the near future.
To fellow Anthonians, past and present, I would like to say - treasure your school day memories for they are irreplaceable and keep in contact with each other, if possible.  I am honoured to be one of the sixth form pioneers and will forever cherish my memories of the Class of 1968 at St. Anthony’s.

Lee Siew Ling
(by email from Melbourne)

Anthonian Blogger Louis Rozario Doss (L) with close friend Daniel Prakash James
at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore 






No comments:

Post a Comment